Sunday, April 13, 2008

X-Ray Update

Well the news from the x-ray was positive in that there are no fractures or broken bones. There are signs of osteoperosis but it is not acute. The doctors want to start her on a different medication than the one she is taking currently. She previously had a bad reaction to this but at the time she was also taking chemotherapy (which heightens the likelihood of a reaction). I think we are going to start a trial run this week. The medicine is supposed to be stronger than her current one and targeted toward pain in the bones. Please pray that this will help give her less pain and will aid in the healing process.

This has been a very good week for Mom overall. Thursday she climbed the stairs in our house for the first time since she was admitted to the hospital on Valentine's Day. She even slept in her own bed Friday night. Saturday morning we all got up and went to Cracker Barrel for a late breakfast. It was Mom's first real outing in two months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glenda, Im so glad that you have been able to sleep in your own bed. I know thats something you have been wantin to do for sometime now. Also, I hope you enjoyed your meal at the Cracker Barrel. I love you and I will continue to keep u in my thoughts and prayers.

Lots of Love,
Heather