Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday at Home

It's been a quiet weekend at home with Mom. Mom's schedule generally goes something like this: wake up early for coffee and breakfast, take her medicine and get ready to face the day, nap until lunch then spend the afternoon exercising (walking around the house inside and out) and planning. Lately we have been able to spend more time together as a family - mostly around meals - and Mom has been telling stories.

Ashley, Alex and I will be going to Nashville tomorrow night. I'll fill you in after we return!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

The trip to Nashville adds a little mystic to the Blog. Have a safe trip and can not wait to hear what the journey was all about.

Glenda, I'm glad Stefanie adding "planning" to you daily agenda. Cuz I know that mind of yours is always active. I hope the weather is nice so you can really enjoy the outdoors. This is such a pretty time of the year.

If there are any stories you would like to share with the Blog, please do. I know I would love to hear them.

Keep up the good work and we'll keep on praying.

Janie

PS I guest Charles is in charge!!!!!!!! (Love that phrase - so many memories)

Anonymous said...

Hello Glenda and family, Im so glad that Glenda is able to enjoy this pretty weather. Also, I hope Stefanie, Ashley, and Alex have a safe trip to Nashville and cant wait to hear about all the details. Just know I love u very much and Mom sends her love too.

Heather

Anonymous said...

Glenda,
Sounds like you have had a full plate as of late.Your easter sunday sounded wonderful.And spring is in the air. You have a good looking family,such a pretty daughter and what handsome son's.
That Charlie he himself such a good looking man.And you my dear have always be a lovely lady.
We are keeping you in our every prayer.God bless you all.
Barbara&Louie Gaither

Anonymous said...

Glenda,

You are in our prayers daily. I will never forget the two annual events that you asked me to do with the Girl Scout. Your heart and your love were so apparent. We know that your Faith is very strong and you are an inspiration and Witness to so many. Enjoy your lunch with Brenda. (How did I know that,)

Love in Christ,
Dave & Beverly Gorden

Anonymous said...

Hi

It's me again. Could not wait for new Blog to keep in touch. Did you watch American Idol last night? Dolly was on and I swear she was singing for you. She is so inspirational.

I hope your week is going well and the kids are having a safe journey.

Give Charlie a kiss for me.

Will chat soon
Love ya
Janie

Anonymous said...

Glenda:
I have had you in my thoughts and prayers so much. You are such an inspiring and special lady. God does have a special plan for you and have have had such an impact on so many lives. Keep that smile going. I loved your Easter picture online! That was so good.
It's such a small world. Last week some friends I had not seen in years and years were in Mount Airy for his mother's funeral. I went by to see them and they said something about Sevierville. I told them that I had a friend there named Glenda McCarter Johnson and they couldn't believe it and told me they lived in your neighborhood and were close friends of yours. It was Joe and Nova Thomas. I knew them years ago when they lived in Mount Airy. Their daughter Angela is my age. We were all bragging on you (guess your ears might have been burning a little). I told her we had had our auxiliary at your house for a fabulous meal and that you and Charlie were the ultimate host and hostess. That was a great time! Keep the faith and God Bless you.

Love ya,
Deidre Rogers