I suppose since I am writing at midnight, the title of this post should be Tuesday Tuesday but that does not have the musical lilt in my mind so we should just pretend I am posting a few minutes earlier than my computer's clock says!
Today has gone by quickly beginning this morning with 9 deer crossing our back yard. This is quite an exceptional sight given the location of our house. Mom would describe her day today as "good" but not great. This is due to the mild stomach cramps she was experiencing. Fortunately, Emily from Oak Haven Spa came by for a massage which helped immensely.
Many of you have graciously expressed a desire to bring food or any other needed items to the house. It is so kind and generous of you. At the moment I cannot think of anything we need and Mom only comes up with things she wants at the last minute. Take today for example... At 5.00 PM she decided it would be wonderful to have her homemade vegetable soup for dinner! I quickly made a trip to the grocery store and my aunt Mary and I followed directions. I have never eaten my mother's soup (those of you who know me will not be surprised at my picky eating habits) so I cannot personally say how it turned out. However, every bowl, including Mom's, was clean so Mary must have done something right!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi
Your picky eating habits reminded me of our trip to Russia. Actually you did pretty good on trying new foods. I loved our meals together on that cruise we seemed to laugh about something every meal. It brings a smile to my face today.
Before I forget, Easter is just around the corner and I need to know if you all picked the color yet. Even if your mom can't make church, there are lovely lounging gowns in many colors. Besides I've been using your colors for the last few Easters just to feel like we are sharing such a wonderful holy day. So let me know.
Forgot to ask, are you buried in snow? I can picture the deer running across the snow. I remember the last time we were in TN there was a snow storm the day we left to go to Ky. The ride for us Floridians was pretty scary but we survived and then almost wrecked. When we got to Lexington, the storm stopped and the roads were clear. Off to our right horses were playing in the snow it was the most beautiful sight, we forgot to watch were we going.
Got a meeting.
Later
Janie
Glenda,
Just wanted you to know I have been thinking of you, and tell you how much I have enjoyed having Ashley on the Chamber of Commerce Board. He is a fine young man and will make great contributions to his community, just as his mother and father have done. (I have also had the pleasure of getting to know Kay and Summer better).
Glenda, I have always loved your warm smile and admired your strength and character. Take good care, Brenda McCroskey
Im so glad that Glenda was able to enjoy the deer in the yard. They are such beautiul animals to watch. It can kinda makes her feel like she has experienced a part of Cades Cove bc I know when we make trips thru the cove our family has always enjoyed lookin for the deer. Also, Im sure it felt good to get the massage and feel all relaxed. Theres nothin like a day at the spa! I hate that you didnt have any of the yummy vegetable soup, but thrilled your mom did. Hope all has a good and relaxin day! We love yall very much!
Heather (Linda Joe's daughter)
Im so glad to hear that she's well,
(especially veggie soup)I love it!! If theres anything particular your mom is craving or you-all let us know!!Le kitchen al la mom is always open:) Ms Glenda, Im so glad your feeling better, with God anythings possible isn't it? Well, hope everyone is ok and tell them hello for us, we love you-all, by the way, Carlene had her surgery yesterday and she's home tonight, everything went well, Im sure she love to talk to you. Take care! Love Rebecca and Jackie
Post a Comment