Monday, March 24, 2008

Celebrating Easter

Yesterday was a wonderful day celebrating faith and family. Susan sent Amy over with the perfect hat for our black and white theme - yellow with a black polka dot ribbon - for Mom to wear. Mom was so happy to be able to make it to church together as a family. We had a wonderful party after church. Brenda lined the front yard with tables, Susan decorated, and we had food!

It was a good day but long for Mom. She really enjoyed visiting with everyone but she was exhausted last night. At night she is having trouble breathing. It is scary to not know whether you will be able to to take your next breadth. Today she is sleeping, getting caught up on the rest that she has missed the past two nights. Please continue to pray for her comfort both in body and in mind.

I hope that you enjoy the picture of our family from yesterday that I have posted on the main page. Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Johnson family,
What a joy to see you celebrate Easter together. The family portrait is a precious jewel. I know your entire family enjoyed the dinner celebration and time with Glenda. God is using you family.
Love, The Pelhams

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, what a wonderful sight to see your-all's picture! I hope you all had a wonderful day and I pray for many, many more! Tell Glenda hello for us and we're thinking of all of you. Take care and God Bless. Love Rebecca and Jackie

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,

Loved the photo. That's some Easter bonnet!!! Reads like the weather was nice for the festivites.

If I may say so, I thought Gil and I were quite dabber ourselves in black and white. One of our church members took our pic for a quilt, I will see if I can get a copy.

Like always just checking in. Will chat later