Saturday, March 22, 2008

Praying

Happy Easter Weekend! What a busy and fun time of year. Easter has always been my favorite holiday. Of course, this year I have lots of cooking to do but Brenda and Annie did all the decorating. We are having the entire McCarter clan over for Easter dinner (this is lunch for those of you outside the south!) on Sunday. We have a big meal followed by a visit from the Easter bunny and an egg hunt. My plans for today consist of cooking.

It is Mom's wish that she is able to go to church in the morning. We have been making plans for her to do so but it is absolutely up to the Lord whether she will feel well enough to go. For those of you who attend First Baptist, we will probably try to quietly leave a few minutes early to avoid the crowd. I apologize in advance for the, hopefully, minor distraction.

For the last two days Mom has been experiencing more pain and she has had trouble getting deep breadths. She is also having sharp pains in her left arm every time she moves it. The breathing problems are likely a result of the fluid that is building up on her stomach. The nurse is trying several things to try to help with the problem but the fluid is a result of the cancer and it is impossible to stop completely. The most they can do is try things to make her more comfortable. In an effort to help, and because yesterday was such a beautiful day, Mom, Annie and I walked around the outside of the house stopping to check out the flowers in the yard.

Please pray that she will be well enough to attend church for Easter services. This is something very important to her and we, of course, would love to have her there for worship. We cannot thank you enough for your continued prayers. As we celebrate Easter tomorrow, we are reminded that it is only by Christ's death and resurrection that we have the promise of a life beyond this life, a time that we as believers will once again be together in a place more glorious than words can provide. It is only by God's great grace and healing power than we have this time here together on earth. The miraculous event of the resurrection reminds us of the miracles that God has and can do in our lives. That Mom has made it through this past month is most certain an example of what God can do! I pray that He brings her the strength to worship with other believers in His Temple tomorrow that we may, together, give Him all the praise and glory He is due.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glenda,
You blessed our hearts by being in the worship service today. The yellow hat was beautiful!!! (Yes Charlie, your yellow tie was nice too).
I hope the McCarter clan had a wonderful time at lunch, lots of laughter and I'm sure lots of good food.
Kathy S.

Anonymous said...

Glenda,
I was so glad to hear you were able to attend church service this morning.I hope you guys had a wonderful lunch. God bless you all.
Barb Gaither

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you were able to attend church I know that God was smiling You continue to be in our thought and prayers I am sure you had a great day with your family Love to all and thanks for keeping us posted

Susan Hinson

Anonymous said...

Glenda and Family,
I am so happy to hear you had a great Easter, starting with church. Happy Easter to you and your family. We love you,

The Coopers

Anonymous said...

Glenda,
I am so glad you were able to attend Easter Services at your church... You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday. I would have loved to have seen you and your beautiful smiling face in the yellow hat...no doubt you were stunning!
Thank you Stefanie for all your loving words that you send our way...you are truly special.
May God bless each of you.
Annette