Thursday, March 13, 2008

Annie's Back

It is always a good day in the Johnson household when one of my aunts or cousins from NC visit. Raymond and Lucille came today for a visit. We always wish they came more often or we made it to NC more often. It is even better when they stay for awhile and Annie is back for a long visit. It's a good thing for many reasons but Mom had demanded her return when she went home last weekend.

Last night we had a family dinner and tonight we are serving hamburgers. At lunch Mom and I search through the refrigerator together and she decided on hamburgers for dinner. I may be attempting to make her lemon-lime jello salad. We are lucky to have two fabulous options for dessert! My cousin Pauline (who has never made a dish I didn't like) brought lemon cake (Ashley's favorite) and my great-aunt Josie brought a chocolate/ vanilla swirl cake. I have tested them both and can assure everyone we will end tonights meal well.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glenda,
I just wanted to drop you a line and let you know we are praying for you. I would love to visit but I know you have so much company,Greg and I don't want to indrude.
I would love to talk to you about the up coming elections!! I'll never forget the election we watched at cabin 37 together, I learned so much from you in one night... I enjoyed it so much!!! Just know we LOVE you from the bottom of our hearts and you are in our every prayer !!
Teena and Greg

Anonymous said...

Glenda,

I am so glad you are seeing deer in the back yard and getting to spend time with family. You continue to amaze me -- and I treasure hearing how things are going for you. You are a very special friend. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers!
Love, Nancy and Bob Manning

Anonymous said...

Glenda and family,
What a joy to share with you the events of the day. We are praying for you. We continue to hope God gives you strenght for each day. I know you are enjoying the wonderful momments you are getting to spend with family and will treasure each one. The jello salad sounds good. Stephanie, you may have to forward the recipe.
Love to all,
The Pelhams (Pelhams4@charter.net)

Anonymous said...

hi

I usually do get to check in on week ends, so I just want to wish you all a Happy St Patrick's Day.

Take care

Love yas
Janie

Anonymous said...

Ms. Glenda, Im so glad to hear your feeling better and regaining you strength and getting you appetite back little by little. I think HE must have sent all those critters to your house to keep an eye on you!:) Just wanted you to know that we're keeping up with you daily progress and praying for you every day. Tell Ashley not to eat all that lemon cake! Thats sounds good!! Tell everybody hello for us and we're thinking of you-all! Love you, Rebecca and Jackie

Anonymous said...

hey youall me and Raymond got home safely; Glenda hope you are feelling better this after noon;take care we will be back in a few days; lucille