Tuesday, May 6, 2008

News from the Nurse

Mom's nurse visited with us today. As we have realized, her liver is failing. This is causing a number of problems which have no cure. The bleeding on Friday, high blood pressure, petechiae, increased swelling in the stomach area, lack of appetite, and increased sleep are all symptoms of a non-functioning liver. As she continues to battle this terrible disease, we will continue to keep you informed of her progress. Please continue to pray for her.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are in our prayers and thoughts. May God be with you.

Love
James and Dolene

Anonymous said...

We are praying for each of you daily for comfort, strength and healing.

Love, Bill, Amelia and Amy Whigham

Anonymous said...

I hope this note finds you having a good day. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. May God be with you and give you comfort in the days ahead.

Love,
Mike and Jan Catlett and family

Anonymous said...

Exodus 7:17 This is what the LORD says: By this you will know that I am the LORD: With the staff that is in my hand I will strike the water of the Nile, and it will be changed into blood.

Isaiah 41:13 For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

Isaiah 44:24 "This is what the LORD says - your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb: I am the LORD, who has made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself.

Isaiah 45:3 I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel who summons you by name.

Isaiah 48:17 This is what the LORD says - your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go."

Jeremiah 32:27 I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?

Ezekiel 38:23 And so I will show my greatness and my holiness, and I will make myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the LORD.

Matthew 22:32 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob' He is not the God of the dead but of the living.

John 6:35 The Jesus declared, " I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he whho believes in me will never be thirsty."

John 6:51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever.

John 9:5 Jesus said, " I am the light of the world"

John 10:11 I am the good shephard.

John 11:25 I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies.

John 14:6 I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 15:5 I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit.

Revelation 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come"

Revelation 1:18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

Revelation 21:6 He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give drink without cost from the spring of the water of life."

Amen.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I love you all.

Kristie Russell

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray daily for miraculous healing, strength and comfort for all of you.

Love & Prayers,
Eric, Lisa, Adam & Erica

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you, and your never ending smile that is always on your face.
May God keep His healing touch on you, give you the comfort and the strength that you need each day. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, always.

Annette & Randy

Anonymous said...

Much prayer is being sent up for you all that there will be better days ahead and that you'll continue to be strengthened by the Lord. We love you Glenda and feel blessed to have your example of faith and servitude.

Brent & Rebecca Cusick

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your example of great faith and love that you have always shown us through the years. We love you and are praying for you and your family.

Love,
Jered and Beth underwood

Anonymous said...

We love you and keep you in our prayers. We also appreciate so much, the time Stephanie takes to keep us all informed. It means so much to know when you have good days! If it weren't for her, it would take days for any information to get circulated to all your friends who need to know how you are doing.

As I keep saying, I am so glad you came into our lives and gave us the opportunity to know you and love you; you are a daily inspiration to everyone who knows you.

May God give you comfort and strength as you battle with this illness.

Love,
Jerry & Ramona