Thursday, May 8, 2008

Health Matters

Since Sunday Mom's health has continued to decline. She is sleeping more and more of the time and is extremely weak. Today her blood pressure had fallen again and her body is more and more frail. We have moved her to a hospital bed here at home and are keeping her as comfortable as possible. The wonderful hospice staff are monitoring her pain and are not allowing her to hurt. She is awake only short periods of time and during those moments she rarely speaks but she is listening. You all know my Mother's strength and faith. It is in these moments that she teaches us the most about love.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stef and family,
My prayers are with you each day. I will continue to pray for strength for your family during this trying time. I love Glenda dearly and she has always been an inspiration to me and still is.

Love,
Tera

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,

My continued thoughts and prayers are with you. If there is anything I can do, please let me know. I love you and I'm praying for you all.

Kristie R.

Anonymous said...

Glenda, Charlie and family,
We continue to pray for healing and comfort. Your strength is an inspiration and your faith is a wonderful testament.
May God bless you all,
Lynn and Greg McClurg and girls

Anonymous said...

It is amazing the strength one has when going through difficult situations, more than we thought.
May you continue to let God's love/strength stay with each of you, and just know that there are so many people who are thinking and praying for you every day.
Glenda, you are truly an inspiration to your family and everyone you have been in contact with.
I pray that you will have a restful night, and I have just read some the previous post and it was good to hear that you and Charlie were able to take a short walk the other day.
As the song says, One day at a time Sweet Jesus.
Oh, and Glenda, a great big thanks to Stefanie for keeping us informed of how things are with you...am sure your whole family is truly a blessing to you, and you to them.
Take Care,
Sandy Layman

Anonymous said...

Hi

Sorry I haven't written sooner. Its not because I haven't thought about you guys, I do everyday and then some. Time is just slipping by.

Glenda, I remember when my mom fell and broke her hip and ankle. Her recovery (and its still going on) was slow (diabetes and all). When she began to feel better, she would try to do all her normal activities. In stead of improving she would have a setback. It wasn't until the Dr confined her to the wheel chair that she finally did begin to heal. Perhaps, you were doing too much too soon. Rest is the best way the body can heal. I love hearing about your progress (going to church, working in the garden, walking 1/2 mile). When I read the Blog, I always see your face and that beautiful smile. But I would still see your face and smile even if I heard you just sat by the window and read or the window was open and you felt the warm spring air from your bed. Healing takes time.

The planning Commission meeting is about to start so I must close now.

My family, Gil & I pray are praying for.

Love
Janie

Anonymous said...

God Knows.

Holding you in prayer.

Much Love,
Anita & Hannah

Anonymous said...

I hope and pray Glenda is surrounded in as much love and comfort as she has given to everyone she has encountered. I send my love to the entire family.
Always,
Whitney

Anonymous said...

We continue to think of you and your family are keeping you in our prayers.

Love
Dolene and James

Anonymous said...

Hi Glenda & Family,
Know that Glenda and the whole family is constantly in all of our prayers up here in Michigan. We are thinking about you each and every day, Uncle Gene sends his love. Glenda you are truley inspirational to us all. I will pray for strenth for you all as you continue through this tough journey. Love you tons, your Northern Cousin, Linda

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I had the privilege to of been a part of Glenda's leadership Sevier class. She is an inspiration to a small. I was deeply saddened upon hearing of her worsening medical condition. Even though she was undergoing chemotherapy she always had a smile on her face and never let us know her suffering. I will continue to pray for her strength and know she is in good hands with her family and God.

Love
Bill Fry

Anonymous said...

Stefanie and family,

I pray that you, your Dad and your brothers feel God's strength and his presence that surrounds each of you during this time.

I believe when He gave Glenda her first breath, she was truly sent to this earth, the perfect person of whom He would like us to be.

She has been an inspiration to me since the first day I met her, with her gentle soft spoken voice, and her very contagious smile. I have been blessed to be the recipient of that smile so many times and always walking away from each encounter feeling her inner strength and totally amazed by her.

I love her dearly and my prayers are with all of you.

May God be with each of you,

Annette Wells