It has been a lovely and relaxing weekend here at Casa Johnson. Saturday's rain was the perfect backdrop to a full day of resting and rejuvenating after a full week. We even grilled hamburgers in the rain Saturday night (well, Dad did!). Today was a beautiful April day and after storing up our energy yesterday, Mom ventured out to church this morning. Her sister Barbara is back from an extended stay with her new grandson (Alexander) and she arrived this morning for a visit (sorry Tina - it's our turn now). She was welcome empty-handed but she came with French candies so we are letting her stay for a while. Mom has already put her to work pulling weeds. They also filled the bird-feeder so hopefully we will attract more for the bird watcher of the family - Mom. Tonight Eddie and Carolyn joined us for dinner. I was late serving for a number of reasons but primarily because, as I learned tonight, Sunday afternoon/ evening is a very busy time for shopping at Walmart. I've learned my lesson although I really already knew there was no good time for shopping at Walmart. I made lasagne for dinner. It was my first attempt but thanks to Betty Crocker it turned out pretty well! I put Mom to work too - she and Barbara made the salad.
Mom was extremely happy to be able to be back at church. She feels strongly that if God chooses to heal her it is for a specific purpose to do a specific work for Him. Please continue to pray for her healing and for His work and have a wonderful Monday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Im so glad that ya'll had a wonderful weekend. As for shoppin at WAL-MART, the best time to go is in the wee hours of the mornin, there are hardly any shoppers there. Im so glad that Glenda got to go to church again this weekend. May you be overfilled with blessings.
Love you,
Heather
Glenda
Good to hear you were able to go back to church,God is working his wonderful will.Tell Charlie I am glad to hear someone else was in the rain Saturday.I walk in the March of Dimes , it rained the whole 4 miles.But I did it!
In fact ,I think I look better wet. God bless and be with you all.
Barbara Gaither
Hi
As I laid in bed last night, my mind was swirling with things I wanted to write. Now that I'm here, my mind is blank. We also had a rainy weekend. I think God does that to us, so that we do take the time to relax & rejuvenate our bodies & souls.
Meal times a Casa Johnson's sound so delich!!! Stef, one of these days Betty Crocker will be asking you for advice.
Glenda, glad to hear your days are so fulfilled and that you got to go to Church. I know that one hour with God and his congregation, always starts my week with a great inner peace.
We are well.
Take care
Love ya
Janie
Glenda,
I wasn't aware that you had a blog spot until I spoke with Charlie Monday afternoon. What a wonderful idea! I'm so glad you got to go to church Easter Sunday. The family Easter picture is just beautiful.. all those smiles!! We continue to pray daily for your renewed strength, God's miraculous healing and His continued blessings on you, Charlie and the kids. What an AMAZING family!
Love & prayers,
Lisa McCoy
Stefanie and Glenda,
The wonderful blessings of your sweet family and friends are so brilliant in your news to all of us! We marvel at your strength and know it is from the healing prayers of so many. Know we are keeping you in our hearts and daily prayers. Congratulations Glenda on the Friendship of 4-H Award!I know your children were so proud to accept it in your behalf. Stefanie- you may soon have your own TV cooking show!
God bless you today and always,
Amelia and Bill
Post a Comment