We just returned from a wonderful day out to Smoky Mountains National Park. After breakfast from McDonald's, we loaded up the car and headed for Cades Cove. Dad drove me, Mom, Annie, Alex and Steve through Mom's preferred route (up through Gatlinburg and back through Wears Valley). We stopped at KFC for a bucket of chicken and we were on our way. We detoured by the Sugarlands Vistor Center and had lunch about 3:00 at the Cades Cove picnic area. On the 11 mile loop around the Cove we counted 70 deer, give or take 2 stumps we may have counted. We were trying to beat Annie's record of 153 deer spotted on the drive so we had to pad our count a little but we still didn't get close.
It was a perfect day for a drive through the park. The weather was crisp and clear and sometimes sunny. There were not too many cars on the loop. The buttercups are just in bloom and huge patches of the flowers outlined the old homesteads. Mom did really well on the drive. She got out at the picnic area and walked a little but the weather was too cold for her. Dad, Alex, Steve and I sat outside and ate but she was served her chicken in the car. Except for some discomfort sitting, she had no problems but she did start tiring and experiencing some pain by the time we were almost home. All in all, it was a very good day! Thanks be to God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Glenda, sure hope you and Charlie have a wonderful drive today.
Take Care and God Bless.
Sandy Layman
I cant wait to hear how your trip to Cades Cove went. Its such a beautiful place to go and today the weather is so gorgeous, what a great plan for the day! I love u lots and hope u enjoy your day out.
Heather
Glenda, Im so glad you and the family enjoy your Sunday drive thru Cades Cove. It sounds like you had a good lunch from KFC. Im just so thrilled you enjoyed your day out and about.
Love u so much,
Heather
Glenda,
Happy St.Patty's Day! Just want you & Stef to know how much I enyoy hearing how you are doing.
I love to cook & would love to bring food. I also love to take rides. If you would like more company please let me know, I don't want to impose. Have a great day!
love,
Linda LaPrees
God is so good!!! I'm so glad everyone enjoyed the Cades Cove drive. Just a sidenote, when I have to get a shot at the doctor and I know it's going to hurt, I always think of Cades Cove. It's always reminded me of God's creation and is so peaceful. Aunt Glenda...your faith throughout all of this is such an inspiration for me and so many of my friends I have shared your story with. Praise be to God!
:) Love,
Amanda
We are all marveling and thanking God for your progress, exciting adventures, and your wonderful family and friends, including your 100th family member! Can't wait to hear the stories from you both on your St. Patty's Day and Easter Celebrations. Our Amy is headed your way and looking forward to her time with all of you. She is taking special requests if you have any.
All of the good food and family recipes are making our mouths water. Know we are keeping all of you in our hearts and daily prayers.
May God continue to bless you today and always.
Love, Bill and Amelia
Post a Comment